The Buffalo Chapter of the Chartered Property Casualty Underwriters Society will be awarding a cash scholarship of $1,000 to eligible college students. Children or grandchildren of a current member in good standing of the Buffalo Chapter who are either High School Seniors or College Freshmen and have been accepted to or are enrolled in a 2- or 4-year college or university are eligible to apply.
- Application form must be received no later than July 1, 2022 and must be signed by a school counselor to verify submitted information.
- A short essay on the following topic must be submitted with the application:
What book have you read that has had the biggest impact on how you think about a particular subject or has influenced the way you approach life?
Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of personal growth and a new understanding of yourself of others.
- Award winner will be announced no later than July 22, 2022.
- The award winner, along with his/her parents or guardians, will be invited to the Buffalo Chapter’s Annual Scholarship and Charity Golf Tournament where the award will be presented. The dinner will be held on August 8, 2022 at Transit Valley Country Club, 8920 Transit Road, East Amherst.
- Recipient will be advised to be available for other local press announcements as determined by the Buffalo Chapter of the CPCU Society.
- Application and essay can be submitted by email to the following address:
Denise Naedele, CPCU
The applicant’s name will be removed from each submission prior
to being forwarded to the committee for judging.